Your pet can’t tell you when he or she feels sick. That’s why bringing your pets in for a physical exam every year is the smartest and easiest way to keep them healthy. Exams allow us to detect any problems before they become severe or costly.
What Do We Check During Exams?
- Muscular and skeletal health by feeling for healthy muscle mass and joint pain.
- Neurologic system – it could indicate birth defects in younger pets, and cognitive issues in older pets.
- Appropriate weight and lifestyle for your pet’s age.
- Lymph nodes – swollen nodes can indicate a wound, virus, infection or some other illness.
- Vital signs (temperature, pulse and respiration) – an abnormal reading could indicate illness.
- Skin and coat condition for growths, infection wounds and overall skin health.